Gateway Tunnel Project to resume
Digest more
The Trump administration halted funding for the critical Gateway Tunnel Project, and the president said as recently as Monday on social media he was concerned about the project being over budget and not on time.
All $205 million in federal funds for the Gateway rail tunnel construction program that had been frozen by the Trump administration has been released.
President Donald Trump called the Gateway Tunnel project a boondoggle, a charge that was immediately refuted by Gov. Mike Sherrill.
Sen. Chuck Schumer is hitting back at President Trump as the pair escalate their feud over the $16 billion Gateway Tunnel rail project connecting New York and New Jersey.
The federal government has disbursed another $77 million in previously frozen funding for the Gateway project, but work has yet to resume on the new set on Hudson River tunnels.
WASHINGTON — President Trump said Monday that he would not permit the federal government to cover any cost overruns from the ambitious Gateway tunnel project to expand and renovate the Northeast Corridor rail line between Newark and New York City.