As Germany joins the growing list of European nations considering banning children from social media, the world is looking to ...
Australia was the first country to issue a ban in late 2025, aiming to reduce the pressures and risks that young users may ...
Donald Trump is “looking into” an Australia-style social media ban, his daughter-in-law Lara Trump says. Ms Trump, a ...
A social media ban for under-16s is not a “silver bullet” to protect children online, senior police officers have warned Sir Keir Starmer.
Kids in Australia will no longer be able to have accounts on social media apps like Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat as Australia’s under-16 social media ban kicks in Wednesday.
For years, governments have relied largely on platform-led safety tools to manage children’s use of social media. That ...
Anthony Albanese has welcomed the news that Donald Trump is being urged to adopt Australia’s landmark social media ban as proof that his government is “leading the world.” ...
Britain’s government said last month it would consult on an Australian-style social media ban for children under 16. Spain, Greece and Slovenia have since said they plan bans.
At least 15 governments on the continent are planning social media bans inspired by Australia. Under-16 social media bans are ...
Spain joins a growing list of countries, like Australia and France, that have moved to curb kids’ social media access.